Vegetarian or Vegan Sandwich Spread/Filling
- one can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- about 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise or Vegenaise (I tried this and it was pretty tasty, just like mayo!)
- about 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (fresh or from concentrate)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- about 1/2 or one whole roasted red bell pepper, chopped up (I have a jar of these in my fridge)
- whatever bread or wrap or pita you want to use the filling in (I used a pita pocket for fun)
- Mash up the garbanzo beans - they don't need to be smooth like a paste, just mashed up
- Mix in the mayo, lemon juice, celery, red bell, and you can add in salt & pepper too if you want
- Fill the pita pocket or spread onto your choice of bread and eat with a huge salad beast!
We ate these with a simple salad of romaine lettuce, avocado, feta cheese, and sesame ginger dressing. It was a very satisfying dinner!
*I didn't really measure out the lemon juice and mayo, just mixed them in to my taste and kept testing it until I liked it. Super easy recipe.